Monday, February 8, 2010

Drowning in Laundry

We just got back from a nine day vacation in Mexico and I'm sitting here casting a wary eye towards my laundry room, which is overflowing with unpacked suitcases and dirty clothes.  But we don't need any of that stuff, because it is all swimsuits and beach hats.  Who knows when we will need those accoutrements again?

I have lots I want to "blog" about, but I can't seem to get my thoughts in order quite yet.  It was an amazing yet trying vacation.  We very nearly blew the entire family up one morning in the kitchen trying to keep some tortillas warm in the horno.  We learned what a waterspout is and how scary it can be to be caught in one, even if you are at a bar.  Both of the kids got sick.  At night, I slept with them and found out that our youngest not only murmurs but also grinds his teeth while sleeping.  But, it was rich in the way that only a Mexican vacation can be, so here are a few of the thousands of snapshots I took and I'll fill in the blanks as I recover.

 
The door to one of our casas.

 

A beautiful day in our backyard.

 

A perfect, and much appreciated, blue sky.

 
Some wet vegetation by the pool on one of the days the blue skies were missing.

 
Flop flops in the sand and waves...  Ahhh.

 

A really big pelican.  I think I was more frightened of him than he of me.


 

A beautiful horse and wooden saddle on the beach.

 

An amazing mother hummingbird sitting on her babies.

 

Baby Coronitas!

 

Tostadas galore!

 
Beautiful fresh produce in the Centro.

 
Kicking back and watching the waves roll in.

No comments:

Post a Comment